Wednesday, September 15, 2010

LADY GAGA


I'M EXCITED ABOUT WRITING THIS BLOG!

THIS IS HOW IT WILL WORK- I'll be taking HEADLINE NEWS & adding God's flava to the mix. Every week I'll be posting a news event and labeling it either "Diva" "Dream" or "Devil" of course I'll be explaining my reason for labeling it such. I definitely want you to jump right in & give your opinion as well on what you think about the feature story/video. At the end of course I'll be summing up the blog post by offering a bible verse, inspirtational poem, uplifting story etc. as it relates to the topic. I think this will be a very fun & uplifting way to put a new spin on today's hot topics.



TODAY'S HOT TOPIC - LADY GAGA-    *** DIVA***


http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1647864/20100915/lady_gaga.jhtml

Well here I am offering my first critique as a Chrisitan writer. This is easily a toss up but I labeled it "diva" because Lady Gaga I think puts the "D" in diva. Not because she's superficial or ultra demanding. But because she's a diva at simply being who she is. Now I must admit she borders on bizzare for me, but that's just my personal taste. I know some would probably say that this could have crossed over into both the devil & the dream category as well. But here is a woman that's just being herself no matter how off the wall that may be. (Not to mention it's a pretty good marketing tecnique, come on now let's be honest). Now if that's not being a diva I don't know what it is. So now she's creating her own perfume hum? (See article above) Smells divaliscious to me............ I'm not implying that anything about Lady Gaga is divine or spiritual for that matter but I applaud anyone who is comfortable in their own skin. I know you've got an opinion so feel free to let me know you think.

What are your thoughts on Lady Gaga....DIVA, DREAM, OR DEVIL?


Okay so here's a poem I came across online, I hope this helps to awaken your divaliciousness!

Be Yourself
by Ellen Bailey

Why would you want to be someone else
When you could be better by being yourself
Why pretend to be someone you are not
When you have something they haven't got

Cheating yourself of the life you have to live
Deprives others of that only which you can give
You have much more to offer by being just you
Than walking around in someone else's shoes

Trying to live the life of another is a mistake
It is a masquerade; nothing more than a fake
Be yourself and let your qualities show through
Others will love you more for being just you

Remember that God loves you just as you are
To Him you are already a bright shining star
Family and friends will love you more too
If you spent time practicing just being you



Blessings~


Lolita Buck
Christian Writer
"Bringing Words to Life, While Bringing Glory & Honor to God's Name"
http://www.lolitabuck.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment